Dimentrodon with Movable Jaw
- HYBRID DINO: Though commonly grouped with dinosaurs in children's books and other media, the Dimetrodon was actually a synapsid, not a dinosaur. Synapsids are a group of animals that includes all mammals, as well as early mammal-like reptiles such as Dimetrodon.
- MYSTERY SAIL: Dimetrodon's sail has sparked debate ever since its discovery in the 1870s. Earlier interpretations of the sail suggested it was used to regulate Dimetrodon's body temperature. Scientists now believe it may have been used for display purposes, to attract mates, and it may have had intricate, brightly colored patterns to achieve this purpose.
- MADE WITH INDUSTRY--LEADING STANDARDS: Like all Safari Ltd products, this figurine has been individually hand painted, features quality construction from phthalate and lead--free materials, and includes an educational hangtag in 5 languages.
- REALISTIC APPEARANCE FOR MULTIPLE USES: Realistic, educational, and fun, this figurine is suitable for a range of interests, including collectors, enthusiasts, teachers, and kids. Admire it on a shelf, use it in the classroom, or simply enjoy playing with it.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Our Dimetrodon is 7 inches long and 4 ¼ inches high at the tip of its sail, making it just a bit shorter than a soda can, and just a bit smaller in length than a pair of scissors. Its body is a greenish brown above fading to an orange underside, with dark brown claws.